• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

_range_

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always wondered what they sounded like. The little bugger evacuated his hole in the 5 minutes it took me to set up a siphon to suck him out... what is the best way to trap this guy?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it in a rock you can remove? If so, get yourself a bottle of club soda and fill up a container with it. Dunk the rock and the mantis will bail out of it instantly. Have another container ready with SW in it to rinse the rock out before you put it back in the tank ;)

_range_

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rock in question is on the sand supporting too much to rearrange so I'm looking for some way to do it without taking it out, I figure some sort of trap could work though I'm really not sure how to go about it right.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're pretty smart and pretty slick. Every trap I ever tried never worked, though it trapped a lot of other creatures. Closest I ever came was with one of those that's similar to lobster or crawdaddy traps, with a cone that goes into a bigger container. I watched the shrimp go into it, get the bait, and propel itself right back out.

Is it causing any damage or losses?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When he goes back into the hole introduce him to Mister Ice Pick. :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
_range_":1zc78c07 said:
The rock in question is on the sand supporting too much to rearrange so I'm looking for some way to do it without taking it out, I figure some sort of trap could work though I'm really not sure how to go about it right.

ANEMONEBUFF":1zc78c07 said:
When he goes back into the hole introduce him to Mister Ice Pick. :twisted:
Yeah..! :lol: Because..:lol: that'll save his rockwork better..:lol: (I'm laughing my ass off) :lol:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: