fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I have a new Vertex Omega 150. I had it running for a little over a month on my 125 w/55 gal sump. It is in the first chamber of the sump(intake side) and sits in a constant 10" of water. It was working great for the first month , until 3 weeks ago when I dosed Cyano Solution. I took the skimmer off line for 48 hrs . I did a 40 gal water change. I then raised it up a couple of inches on a recommendation made by a friend. The foam in the chamber was good but it's shooting millions of microbubbles out of the return. I have been starting it up every couple of days and letting it run for a little but it fills my sump with bubbles, which make it to the DT. It's been three weeks, with about 60 gals in water changes and still a sh**load of microbubbles. Anyone have any advice?

Sumbub

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Maybe it needs a break in period where it's on for more than a little bit? There may still be some of the solution left inside the water. Did you use carbon to try and remove it?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
After you did your waterchange and started running new carbon your skimmer should be in the 10" of water it was in prior. Everything should return back to normal. You can also buy some foam from the lfs and stick that in the baffles.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: