4Fish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be moving in the near future. One obstacle is my 30 year old 220 reef tank. I feel like I have an obligation to keep things together, and not sell items individually. I have not lost or bought any fish or corals in over 5 years. Some of my tangs have been together for over 15 years. I have all high end equipment.

Is it crazy to think that I could donate my tank/livestock/equipment somewhere, as long as the agreement is that the tank remain as is and cared for moving forward. I was thinking about calling Riverhead Aquarium. Is this just a silly thought.

If I move out of State, and buy a house first, I was thinking about moving my tank slowly, but then again, I am not getting any younger. I was also thinking, what would be the chances of the person buying my house being knowledgeable in reef keeping.

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I might be moving in the near future. One obstacle is my 30 year old 220 reef tank. I feel like I have an obligation to keep things together, and not sell items individually. I have not lost or bought any fish or corals in over 5 years. Some of my tangs have been together for over 15 years. I have all high end equipment.

Is it crazy to think that I could donate my tank/livestock/equipment somewhere, as long as the agreement is that the tank remain as is and cared for moving forward. I was thinking about calling Riverhead Aquarium. Is this just a silly thought.

If I move out of State, and buy a house first, I was thinking about moving my tank slowly, but then again, I am not getting any younger. I was also thinking, what would be the chances of the person buying my house being knowledgeable in reef keeping.
I think the fact you have fish that been together 15 years is great. +1 on Riverhead

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: