Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DJSQETCH

I was reading about the mini stars that www.ipsf.com sells to add diversity to live sand...does anybody have any interesting creatures like these in thier sand beds? only thing i ever spotted in mine were pods and red bristle worms every now and then. If so can i get a lil bit to add to my LS? willing to pay too =)

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
At night I always see small "brittle stars", small white snails and of course spagetti worms come out. You are welcome to a small amount of live sand the next time you drop off a Justphish order.

I ordered the IPFS stuff, as well as the copods. I felt cheated by their "mud" and other stuff, including their Coraline Algae stuff.

-Alfred

D

DJSQETCH

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
thanks a lot alfred. Ill see you this weekend when I drop off your stuff.

kennerd

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey boys: best bet to get some brittles and small red bristle worms is to hook up with someone at a reef club meeting & trade. I got the IPSF kit and the extra $$ for 6 tiny stars is a bit much, especially when you can probably snag them from someone else.

kennerd

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I've always heard good things about Greg Hiller, and just happened to see one of his posts on reefs.org:
http://reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27922

He's got the slightly larger brittle stars, which are really cool, since they will fish out detritus, etc from crevices, etc. I got a handful from a local club member and they are all over. Also hae a brain sponge tht musy have 50 arms waving out of it after lights out.

Besides 12/$5 plus a bunch of other critters could make for a good order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: