Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'm sorry if this questions sounds really silly, but what to do you guys use to mix/store your fresh saltwater? (specific as possible would be cool, ie where you got the bucket w/ or w/o lid yadayada)
I've read on other threads of some members using large vats to hold water but since I have a nano...live in a cramp apartment....have kids running around...I just need something in the 5gallon range. Sorry to be a pain but I just like to be really really thorough. Thanks :icon16:

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I went to Home Depot and purchased five, 5 gallon buckets and lids. I use it only to hold my pure (RO/DI) water. I also need to carry my buckets from the basement up one flight so the 5 gallons make it easier. Once I get more "Tank space" I will get a Rubbermaid and mix in salt and have circulation.

It probably isn't a bad idea to have circulation for plain water, but once you add salt you definately want something in there to move the water.

Rich

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'll second the salt bucket.

If you don't buy salt by the bucket just post that you need a salt bucket, I'm sure there are a bunch of people that could give you one.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I 3rd the salt bucket ,they work well and have a rubber seal on the lid .
Althou its not free .we pay for the salt.but they are the best in my mind.
Plus bucket inthis hobby are lke diamonds ,never lend them out .you never know when you need them and when you are getting them back .lol

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
yeah im working my way through a salt bucket right now...might take a while before i used up all the salt...i'll drop by home depot thanks all

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: