waltercat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Most of the time, we know what we're getting when we purchase something for our tanks (at least I hope :))

A couple months ago I wanted to try a new thing to remove detritus and other waste from my tank. I planned to every week, blow off my corals and rock with a powerhead and then run a canister filter for a half day to pull out all the muck. After some research I decided I didn't want to purchase that expensive of equipment without knowing what I would get. But I still wanted to do something similar.

So one day at Petland, I decided to buy a fluval plus 2 powerhead and try it out with the same method as my canister.

Turns out this little peice of equipment has been very beneficial to my tank. I've had a bit of an algae problem for years, and since I added this, I'm seeing very good progress with stopping algae.

I now run it 24/7 and clean the floss every 1-2 weeks and it is more satisfying than cleaning my skimmer cup. It pulls out so much gunk!

So this was a totally surprise purchase for me and it turned out to be one of the best things I've added to my tank in years.

Now I wanna hear from you all, what is the most surprising purchase (livestock or product) that you have made for your tank?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: