marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Just drain out as much water as you can, even remove some the corals and LR and place them in a rubbermaid contain with some water from the tank, and then reset the tank back up. Once the floors are done you can bring everything back. By doing this it will also let you re aquascape the tank.

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
No sump. But is it safe to move like that?

Yes anyone that has had tanks long enough would tell you that they would be fine just don't stress them too much and dont forget anything for example the heater and lights as others have said take water and some rock out and move it to another room until the floors are ready
I don't recommend the rubbermaid tubs for more than a day or two for fish when i used one it seemed to stress them out alot (not being able to see out i guess) with your size tank and no sump taking it down and temporarily setting it up in another room should take you about a day
Good luck let me know if you need anything

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Just drain out as much water as you can, even remove some the corals and LR and place them in a rubbermaid contain with some water from the tank, and then reset the tank back up. Once the floors are done you can bring everything back. By doing this it will also let you re aquascape the tank.

+1 best practice do a nice wc while you're at it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: