wwinters

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my mushrooms detached from it's rock and is sitting on the sand. Will it attach its self to another rock or is it just doomed to die?

tomocean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to gather it up and place it on another small rock fragment. Wrap the fragment loosely in some kind of netting and secure it with a rubberband. The mushroom should reattach itself shortly.

Terry McGee

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to gather it up and place it on another small rock fragment. Wrap the fragment loosely in some kind of netting and secure it with a rubberband. The mushroom should reattach itself shortly.
You can cut it into several pieces before you do this and have that many more, Take care Terry

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can also drop it in a shallow hole and it will quickly expand its stalk to be above the hole, it attaches immediately also. I have done this three times and it has worked every time.

davelin315

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the people above, or you could just leave it there and put some larger chunks of broken rock next to it if your current is not too bad where it fell. I have mushrooms and polyps growing out of my substrate that spread themselves around the tank by growing on the bottom, splitting, and then tumbling off in the current until they hit a fairly calm spot.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: