bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
hey guys ,,,so my cousin gave me this tank,,,and i was staring at it,,,trying to figure out what to do,, then a fellow member gave me some advice,,and i turned it into a lil qt tank. i had some old tetra whisper filters laying around so i cleaned it ,,and tgook out the carbon, i put the sponges into my canister filter and then drained 10 gallons from my dt tank into it. its up and running and i was proud that it cost me 0 dollars to put it together. i dont have any sick fish atm but its worth it to be prepared,,thanks for looking

Eddie:cheers:

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
My tank

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 122

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
you don't have to keep it running all the time, electric is very expensive. just keep one of the sponges in your sump. then when you have to qt pull it out and use it, if you are going to use copper in your qt, do not put the sponge back in sump after qt'ing the fish. THROW IT OUT.

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
well i have a whole another whisper 3 filter,,so i have 4 sponges. i left 2 in the canister filter and i put 2 in the filter. i wasnt plannin on runnin it all the time. i thought my cousin had a sick fish ,,thats why i rushed to set it up.. but my cousin likes to fib and i set it up for no reason,, but whateva atleast it ready for wheneva i need it ,,,or anyone,,im always willing to help.

so yea its up and running and i put the broken powerhead into it ,,and im goin to buy a new korlalia 4 instead of a 3,,,these are 750 gph the
#4's are 1400gph. i hope thats not too much flow for my dt tank??

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
ok,,,imma keep it runnign bc i have a gut feeling im going to need it for somone's fish in the near future,,lmaoo

do i need a light for my qt tank???

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: