littlebuck70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Well after a rough start and getting those horrible acro flat worms. I had my tank pretty well set. When i lost everything i pretty much started over. I now am running bare bottom and so far its working out well can really push the flow to the limits.

But here are some pics. Also some of the bigger pieces that are in my prop system waiting to go in the main system. Just want to make sure they are healthy before i go putting them in the tank.

Any comments or suggestions are welcomed
1021899xv9.jpg

1021898om7.jpg

1021897lz2.jpg

1021896sf4.jpg

OctaviousMonk

Sucka Free Reefin' !!!
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
looks really good, nice and healthy start.
Why all the smaller rock pieces? Maybe you could slowly work out the smaller and replace with fewer larger rocks. Then use the smaller rock in your sump or fuge.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
some questions for you:

what did you do to combat the AEFW's ?

how much acro did you loose to them?

how long have the corals been in that separate tank?
are they all new corals or old ones mixed with new ones?

I went through my own AEFW battle a while ago.

littlebuck70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Well most of them are smaller but it was giving to me so i figured why not just stick it in there. I am going to replace it with some bigger pieces here soon just wanted to make sure that tank was back up to 100% before i did that.

As far as fighting the aefw's well i tried to do a iodine dip for 10-15 mis and that didnt help. I also tried to frag out the corals that we being attacked. That didnt work made the corals die.

Then i did a freahwater dip on them which i did for about a min and with the stress of the bugs and going in to the prop system it was to much on them most all didnt make it.

As far as loss i figure about 80 peices of SPS. Some are still recovering but the rest i just took and pitched or gave to people that wanted them to throw in to reactors.

right now the corals are not mixed in with the old ones but in the same system. I have the prop tank hooked in to the main system. But now before anything goes in to any tank its gets freshwater dipped and then an iodine dip.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: