MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
thanks guys...
Jarrett....I like to keep anything that can spread on their own little islands so they don't spread onto the rockwork and also I went over and helped Anthony with his rebuild, sump and display...his tank is more opened now and has two islands

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
MRC dual chamber reactor filled with ARM and it's still over kill for my system. The PH coming out of the second chamber is only 7.0 I maintain 475 on the cal and 9.6 on the alk. I also use kalk in my top off to off set the low PH from the reactor,keeping the tanks PH at 8.3 during the day and 8.1 at night, but it also helps maintain the cal/alk, however during the winter the PH is about 8.1-2 and 7.8-9 at night because all the windows are shut...

Last edited:

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
...been using kalk for many years. I have a 30 gallon garbage pail filled with RO/DI water and mix a few tablespoons of kalk to bring the PH up over 11. I'm using a small Gen-x pump attached to an ATO sensor and float valve in the sump.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
You've seen my tank a few times..growth as been steady for some, spurts for others and some nothing. It helps raise the PH to offset the lower PH from the reactor and the kalk also helps maintain water parameter levels. I just recommend using it in a reactor or in a top off rather than a drip which tends to get clogged.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: