G_MONEY

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Started this tank up in July, here is what it looks like now.

I was away from the hobby for a couple of years after my 12 Year Old Datnoid died. Did mostly Fresh but some Saltwater for 35 years. Never tried a reef until now.

Fish:
2 Percula
1 6 Line Wrasse
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Bangali Carinal
1 Royal Gramma

Numerous Softies and some small Mushrooms.

Inverts:
1 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Emerald Crab
Bunch of Turban Snails and Red Hermits

The Biocube has been fun and I think a lot of reef keepers look down on it but I think it has done fine. My biggest issues have been with attempted upgrades: Steves LEDs was a disaster. The upgrade kit they sell does not really fit this hood and the modifications I had to make to the hood made it unsound. This ended in a FAIL. To Steve's credit, they did refund my money after the LEDs fried. Now I run with 5 blue Led strips in addition to the two stock fluorescents and I think it's just fine. Another FAIL was the Tunze Protein skimmer with modified cup. I run now with a reef Octopus NS 80 which fits in the back and does a great job. I also added a mini Arctica Chiller and a Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater.
All in All I like this tank and it has inspired me to try bigger and better things like the ELOS 120. I will start a thread on that one when it comes together. I am already thinking about trying that Maxspect Gyre in that tank.

Attachments

• IMG_1867 (1).jpg
    IMG_1867 (1).jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 286

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
That's a very pretty tank! Best of luck with it.

If you're moving onto a larger tank, you may want to rehome that 6-Line as they are not known for their warm-fuzzy personalities. The Royal Gramma may also cause issues as it ages.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
6-line is destined for the new tank. He has a bad attitude.

He doesn't mean to be that way..they just are. :( A shame as they are such great looking fish.

The Gramma tend to get territorial, so make sure to have lots off nooks and crannies in your aqua-scaping and hope he picks a corner to live in.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: