ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Looks good but (sorry) a hippo tang? A HIPPO TANG??
Tell me I read that wrong..please?

You might want to consider slowing down just a tad on adding things and allow the bio filter to catch up some more as the tank settles in. That was a very large change you did to the tank by adding all of the corals from the cube and now with all of those fish in there.

But it does look sweet :)

The hippo tang I have had for about a year now. My buddy had him for 2 years in a 125g and for some reason never ever grew in it. He got it as a 1 inch hippo for 15 bucks. He had it until it got about an inch and a half. He broke his ank down about a year ago and gave me the hippo. I had it in the bio cube for almost a year and it finally started to grow. It got about 2 1/2 inches. Now he has been in the 46 bow for just shy of a month. He is doing real good, but trust me, you know i would not tourcher any large fish in a small tank. When he hits 3-3 1/2 inch he is coming out and I'll be giving it to my buddy with a 180g.

My two angels are still doing really good too. The baby rock beauty and the carribean Pygmy angel. Both are almost an inch long now. All they do is follow each other, not aggressively, but almost like purculas do. They graze off the same rocks and hid every night in the cave. My harlequin basslet actually tried to nip at the rock beauty and the Pygmy angel protected him! Lol I don't know what's going on but whatever lol.

No more fish are going into the tank, it's now maxed out...

The hippo (eventually leaving tank)
Small purcula
Chalk basslet
Harlequin basslet (eventually leaving tank)
Pygmy angel
Rock beauty angel
Yellow tail damsel (I want him out because i hate it lol)
My 3 going on 4 year old mandarin

Even though that's a good amount of fish, you have to remember the tank has a nac 7, 4 pounds of carbon running and gfo in a 4 gallon reactor, and dual filter socks only on a 46g bow. That's kinda over the top but its ok. Since the incident i had with the bacteria and/or parasite issue, nothing has died. Only thing was my acans but thats because i found out my rock beauty likes to only eat out of every coral, my acans.

Current read outs...

Ph 8.4
Amm, trite, trate 0
Dkh 10
Cal 460
Mag 1400
Phos .5
Sal .024
Temp 78.5

Now my lights are set up as...

3 strips of lumens blue 4- 1 watt led strips
Geismann aqua blue plus
Ati blue plus
Ati blue plus
Geismann pure actinic
Reef brite 36 inch blue led fixture.

Mp10es running a notch over half way speed on short pulse
Hydor evo 1040 running behind my rocks

My nac 7 pulls out around 4 gallons of skin mate a week...

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
well, today i took a trip over to russ's house and finally picked up my fixture i desided on....

Tek Light ELITE 6 Bulb T5

IMAG1335.jpg

IMAG1336.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: