seascape

Acan Crazy
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
got these saturday from LFS was told they were a mated pair of harleguins,being the way they had them.i know that harlequin dont like to be more then 1" away from there mate.so what i did to be sure was i placed them in way different areas of the tank 180g,didnt see them until this morning woke up and thier they were.Heres a couple pics enjoy.

harlequinshrimp002.jpg

harlequinshrimp006.jpg

seascape

Acan Crazy
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
thx, people are right they are awesome,Question feeding them i manily got them because of Asterina star fish im starting to be over run by them I was told that they eat them so will they hunt them down or do i need to give them to the shrimp,giving them to the shrimp is gonna be hard being this was the first time i have seen them since i placed them in the 180g any advise from you all.Thx RJ

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
The Harleys will hunt down the asterinas themselves.
You just need to make sure that when they get low on asterinas that you provide them with a startfish they will eat. I feed mine chocolate chip stars (argh). They let me know when they are out of food by coming out in front (seems intentional when I am around) and waving their arms around.

seascape

Acan Crazy
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
cool thx Kathy i have plenty of asterina for now think they will be happy and get real fat and when need be i have planty in another tank but when i need to ill get the chocolate chips thx for the advise RJ

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Awesome pic RJ! Best of wishes with them! I have to get another once I'm done with my tank.;)

By the way, my harley was never able to wipe out my tanks of the asterinas since by the time I put it in my tank the tank was almost completely covered with them.lol But the plan was that once it did wipe them out it would get chocolate starfish..

ereefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
RJ they will make fast work of those stars. I had the same problem hundreds on the glass at night. Added 1 Harley about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and population is already down at least 25% or more. Every time I see mine it is eating a star. I'm loving it, because those little bastards even started eating my acans!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: