fali

need tank crash insurance
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Hope the picture is good. Its the dark spot in the top middle on the base of the coral. YOu can also see brownish blotches on the polyps.

I wouldn't mind doing an iodine dip but i thought that only applies to sps corals?

Attachments

• bubble.JPG
    bubble.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 150

ScottK

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
OK, a few more questions. How long have you had the coral, and how long has it been sick? Has it always been in that location? Is anything near it that could sting it? Try and figure out what caused it before deciding on how to treat it.

fali

Rating - 100%
70   0   0
It was in my tank since July. It was always bright and healthy until this week. So i would say about a week or 2 it looked like this. Then only thing is probably the sand beds its on needs cleaning. I'm over due for a water change. Shoul i try to take off that little infected peice by hand?

Last edited:

fali

Rating - 100%
70   0   0
What about the spot? Should i leave it too? Its not too clear in the photo but it looks like a little fuzzy peice of gook. I'll leave it if it will go away but i don't want it to spread.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Without knowing what it is infected with, there's no way to determine how to cure it. Also, fragging bubble coral is not as simply as snipping a piece of dying/infected flesh away. You may introduce more avenues for infection to spread.

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Most bubble corals I have seen have been placed higher up on the rock. Your's is on the bottom. Try moving it a higher area with a stronger flow. Honestly, without a close up pic, your bubble coral looks okay.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: