Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So the time has come to get ready to fill my 36x36x36 150 gallon cube of water with fish. I know what fish I definitely want... but I don't know if their all compatible in my soon to be SPS Reef, their stocking order. I do know which one make the top cut and I want to add. Why don't you give me a hand.

*Achilles Tang* or *Powder Blue Tang*

I would love to keep both if I had a way to add them safely.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Achilles are hard to keep...Powder Blue can be aggressive ... A lot of other tangs would be better choice

I know they are difficult to care for but I'm not in this hobby for easy things. I have been drooling over these fish for years. I just want to know what are the best method to introduce them into the tank together at the begging or after all the other livestock has been added.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Your tank really isn't suited for an Achilles Tang, as it's only 3' long and an Achilles Tang needs a longer tank, at least 6', to do well. as for a PBT, your tank would be OK for one, the problem is not only can they be aggressive but they are Ich magnets, so you need to QT one before placing it in your tank. You also need to get a good one, as they do have issues and don't always make it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: