John@Carline

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my new Tenecor 120g tank came!! And it kicks @ss! It's dimensions are 48"x24"x24", has an 18" center trapaziodal overflow with dual 1" drains, and dual 3/4 inch returns. It has 2 holes drilled in each back corner to accomadate 2 3/4 inch sea swirls.

Building the stand and canopy right now, and actually I have fallen in love with acrylic. The curved front corners and seamless design are great, and the fact that i can carry the tank myself is a great thing too(still apartment dwellers), its a lot lighter than our current 65g tank.

We will be using our current lighting setup for this tank thats over the 65g tank, which are a pair of 400 watt PFO PC/MH combo pendants for a total of 800 watts MH and 110 watts PC. We have decided to forgo the Iwalki return pump in favor of the much more compact and energy efficient Mag drives, where we will have dual Mag 12's running the returns, a Mag 18 driving the skimmer, and a Mag 12 driving the chiller. Chiller duties are going to be run by an inline CSL 1/4 hp unit. Heating duties will be continued by a pair of 200 watt Tronic heaters, all will be housed in a custom built 40gallon acrylic sump made of 3/8 inch thick cast acrylic made by myself. All Mag drive pumps will be run externally in their own miniature self contained water jacket, to help keep em running cool and to protect from the possible leak. The sump will have 4 compartments including a refugium with 8" DSB topped with some live rock rubble and a mini clam bed to help filtration, a live rock chamber, a skimmer chamber w/chiller input/output, bubble baffle chamber with twin bubble baffles, and final return chamber where RODI water will be dripped along with Ca reactor fitting. The sump will also have a seperate 15g RODI water reserve attached to the back fed with a reefdoser peristaltic pump courtesy of www.reefdosingpumps.com. Skimmer duties will be run from a (ahem) custom built recirculating beckett skimmer from Mike over at Precision Marine, that were designed to my specs. The Ca reactor is also a Precision Marine PM-622 unit(ahem again
icon_biggrin.gif
).The sump area will be on a reverse timed 250 HQI lighting setup.All will be controlled by the venerable AquacontrollerII which I cant recommend highly enough for anyone wanting a true set and forget system. I have planned this system up for about 3 months running and have hoped that all bases are covered, as this is our "apt." dream setup, and will be our last tank till we move into a house(which will be soon!
icon_biggrin.gif
) I haven't decided what to keep yet except the main focus will be our Ritteri Anemone and 2 True Percula clowns. Maybe you guys got some ideas, but we are leaning towards a "predator" reef setup.

AFH

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulation John, be careful don’t use a magnet, use an old credit card to remove algae. Tenecor sells a scratch removal kit I bought one. I currently have a 125 acrylic, it has a lot of scratches. I am waiting for my new 300 to arrive good luck. It’s funny that you buy a tank and you think it’s the last one you will ever buy. I bet in a couple of years you will be upgrading.

FMarini

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John@:
congrats on the setup
Never, ever bite the hand that feeds you..

Mike products are top rated, and the recirculating bullets are killer units, just make sure you've purchased a powerful pump. I guess a mak4 sized pump is adequate, and your input pump can be as small as a powerhead.

predator reef set up??...never heard of it..
Most predators will shred the reef structure (like triggers) or sample the actual corals.
The other predatory fish (like groupers snappers, lions eels) will make short work of the tankmates.
your clown/anemone setup will preclude you from trying many of the predatory fish...but i guess anything is possible
good luck
frank

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: FMarini ]

John@Carline

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, my idea of "predator" consits of corals, anemones etc that are carnivorous. Also in the mix will be a Niger Trigger, who is faring well in our 65g, along with a Snowflake, these fish kind of "border" on the potential to be predators, but not true ones like Clown triggers etc. If you get my drift, just fish that run the borderline with keeping corals etc.
icon_biggrin.gif

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't mind my asking: How much did that tank cost?

John@Carline

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yancy: No dont mind at all, Ill give you the breakdown.

Tenecor 120g(48x24x24) tank: $470
Tenecor Trapezoidal overflow, dual drain, dual return: $125
Shipping:$65

Total: $660

I got my setup through www.reefgeek.com
was great place to deal with, and had awesome prices.

Cats_Eat_Fish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you have had the tank 3 weeks now. By your method you should probably have it fully stocked by now. Got any pics?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: