rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
i dont have great pics --- these are taken via blackberry :) mohawk frag in top right corner.

_DeviceMemory_home_user_pictures-2.jpg
_DeviceMemory_home_user_pictures-1.jpg

not open yet, i just brought it home and put in into the tank after the dip and 2hr intro.

rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
what was your story (day by day) with them?

taken from RC described method:

1. Using a 5 gallon white bucket, add 3 gallons of RO water.
2. Now add 1 or 2 drops of Lugol's Iodine per gallon of RO water.
3. Set your PH to 8.2
4. Set your water temp. at 78 degrees
5. If you have some Flatworm exit made my Saliferts, add
2 drops per gallon to the RO water to kill any Flatworms

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Day one they opened up nice although one piece look over extended. Day 2 the larger colony started to close and I dipped them in coral revive. Day 3 they almost all closed and I did a freshwater/iodine dip. Currently I have a colony of stalks with no polyps. Maybe they might comeback? Doubt it.
Here is mine on the first day.

Attachments

• blue hornets 003.jpg
    blue hornets 003.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 314

rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
strange - I allowed mine to stay with LFS extra few days. so far so good. I have a little bit sunlight comming to my basement and I can see the colony is nicely responding. but it is too early to say. I will keep you updated if I lost $$$ or not.

rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
I am doing well with them. all polyps open. no issues so far to report. i cant complain. do they all come from the same place?

I have a crazy tank and for whatever reason zoas are growing like weeds. I bought 2-3 polyps of mohawk on here and right now they are all over one big rock - at least 40 heads.

I have no luck with SPS whatsover. so I assume, my water quality is not so great for them but ideal for zoas. i have some weird stuff that you will not find at your LFS.

rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
I was scared to death when i got them after reading some stories here and on RC. but both colonies from my local LFS are doing well. i bought one and friend of mine got another and no issues so far. I did simple dip before putting them into a tank and also dipped in furan II.

I dose vitamin C twice a day (small quantity) and cyclo once a week. that is about it.

I've heard many people did not have much success with these zoas....

good luck! They look awesome!

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
I've heard many people did not have much success with these zoas....

good luck! They look awesome!

reason being, they are mostly collected in Africa in river deltas where the salinity, PH and temperatures are drastically different than natural sea water. If they make it more than 2 months, I'd be surprised.'

Good luck with them though, they are gorgeous.

house

rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
Rich - at first I started with Brightwell Vitamin C, but moved to the product from IHerb.com - Brightwell has some PH buffer in it and thought it was safer to use at first. but it also expensive and once I felt comfortable and have seen positive progress I moved to IHerb.

Which vitamin C brand are you dosing and what dosage?
Thanks!

rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
that would definetly explain why they die on people so fast. but mine are on lava rock (thats what I think it is - I might be wrong) - would that be also taken from river deltas in Africa?

reason being, they are mostly collected in Africa in river deltas where the salinity, PH and temperatures are drastically different than natural sea water. If they make it more than 2 months, I'd be surprised.'

Good luck with them though, they are gorgeous.

house

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: