Status
Not open for further replies.

xboxking58

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd just like to give a brief description of my setup and hopefully I will have pics up tomorrow or something if I get the time.

I have a 20 gallon acrylic tank with built in overflow that i just closed off. I don't use any filtration. I used to use a canister filter but I took it off a while back because I saw more benefit with just weekly water changes.

Its bare bottom with about 25 pounds of live rock. I currently have LEDs as lighting, a neptune apex unit to control it and an mp60 for the flow. I have a chiller thats not currently hooked up and a 300 watt heater all through the apex.

For fish I have a Blue hippo tang, a fox face, and a scooter blenny. I have a red starfish and a brittle starfish.

Please let me know what you guys think and hopefully I can shoot some pics tomorrow.

Thanks for looking!

xboxking58

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know i hear that a lot but the hippo tang honestly doesn't swim. he sits in the rock all day long and just comes out when its time to eat. I even look at it on a network ptz camera to see if he just hides because I'm standing there but no the thing never comes out of its hole in the rock.
i think your tank will be too small for the blue hippo tang and the foxface

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
i think your tank will be too small for the blue hippo tang and the foxface

What Ricky said.

I've always known Hippo tangs to be active, open water swimmers. It seems that your fish either isn't comfortable with the smaller tank volume or something is causing it to act lethargic.

Also, I don't mean to be "that guy", but I'm also finding it hard to believe that your Scooter blenny will substain itself with 'pods in a 20g.

xboxking58

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes I will post pics tomorrow hopefully. But this fish never swam even when it was in my cousins large tank it would always stay in the rock all day long so he just took out the whole rock put it in a bucket of water and I drove it back with me to NC and it is still in that stupid rock. It only comes out to eat then right back in that rock. I don't know why but its an odd hippo tang.
Although it seems like you're off to a decent start, do you really have an MP60 on that tank? :eek:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
UMMMM nothing seems right about this.are you testing the members on this site.
1.come on a blue hippo in a 20 gallon.that fish grows quick and large
2.a dragonette which needs a abundance of pods which it will not get in a 20 gallon tank
3.a mp60 in a 20 gallon.it will probably crack your tank in time and will blow any frag off in a second
im not trying to be rude but if you are serious you are off to a bad start.you will need to do a little more reseasrch before adding anything else to your tank.ask questions here or use the search button before buying anything else
if yur messing around and trying to get something going thats just not cool

xboxking58

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm serious about everything I posted. I will post pics tomorrow. I would right now if it wasn't so late but tomorrows another day I will post pics of the entire setup, and yes I can only put frags on the far side because even on the lowest setting its more power than an mp10
UMMMM nothing seems right about this.are you testing the members on this site.
1.come on a blue hippo in a 20 gallon.that fish grows quick and large
2.a dragonette which needs a abundance of pods which it will not get in a 20 gallon tank
3.a mp60 in a 20 gallon.it will probably crack your tank in time and will blow any frag off in a second
im not trying to be rude but if you are serious you are off to a bad start.you will need to do a little more reseasrch before adding anything else to your tank.ask questions here or use the search button before buying anything else
if yur messing around and trying to get something going thats just not cool

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
I'd just like to give a brief description of my setup and hopefully I will have pics up tomorrow or something if I get the time.

I have a 20 gallon acrylic tank with built in overflow that i just closed off. I don't use any filtration. I used to use a canister filter but I took it off a while back because I saw more benefit with just weekly water changes.

Its bare bottom with about 25 pounds of live rock. I currently have LEDs as lighting, a neptune apex unit to control it and an mp60 for the flow. I have a chiller thats not currently hooked up and a 300 watt heater all through the apex.

For fish I have a Blue hippo tang, a fox face, and a scooter blenny. I have a red starfish and a brittle starfish.

Please let me know what you guys think and hopefully I can shoot some pics tomorrow.

Thanks for looking!
You got jokes!

xboxking58

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well since you people obviously couldn't wait just a couple of hours I took some junk pics with my laptop because I am in a rush. I was going to take nice HD pictures but it looks like I am just wasting my time since no one has anything nice to say.

the pictures are reversed because thats just how the computer takes pictures I don't know why.
Photoon10-14-11at705AM.jpg

Photoon10-14-11at706AM.jpg

xboxking58

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For some reason the pictures got deleted but I want to start packing it with sps because the water is extremely clean. I have a skimmer rated for 3,000 on it just for that reason that I want the water super clean. I hope you guys like the build so far :)

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
please no one respond to this guy.he put pics of his fake setup aready with a tank and mp60.he said he had fish with nothing in the tank.he said he had corals again nothing in the tank.i think he is just a lonely dude who needs attention.what happenedno one visited your store today

Last edited:

xboxking58

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You saw the pics. I am not lying I don't see why no one believes me, If you have money spend it, if you don't then visit the cheaper reefer section nothing personal but I want this tank to be perfect with al top notch equipment and I was told but many people just get the biggest you can afford and tune it down so thats basically what I'm doing. Also no if I had a store I don't think people would drive 100 miles to get to it on an island because there would be no point in picking up coral that far.
please no one respond to this fool.he put pics of his fake setup aready with a tank and mp60.he said he had fish with nothing in the tank.he said he had corals again nothing in the tank.i think he is just a lonely dude who needs attention.what happenedno one visited your store today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: