Mike612

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went to my lfs this morning. There's always at least one rare fish when I go to visit. Today, it was rare fish galore! I saw a Goldflake Angel, Multicolor Angels, Venustus Angels, a male Masked Swallowtail Angel, a male Crosshatch Trigger, AND a Black Tang. I've seen all of those guys before but never the Black Tang. I only saw it in pictures. I was really excited.

Just thought I'd share my excitement with you guys :)

SlipperMan

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rarest fish in this area is....guess a Sohal. Stores don't carry crap for rare fish.

Or coral for that matter.

Mike612

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went back to the store today. The Goldflake and Venustus Angels were gone. The owner of the store put the Black Tang into his sps reef rather than sell it. I then went to look at the seahorses and pipefish he had for sale and he had yet another rare fish in there with them, actually four of them. He had four Bourbonius Anthias! They were all eating well too. They weren't getting along well though. Two of them were a lot bigger than the other two, actually one of them was really a runt. Those two were attacking the runt and the last of the four.

Long story short, I brought the runt home with me :)

Mike612

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my new friend. His name is Cano (pronounced can-o, not cane-o). Since he's from Japan I decided that he needs a Japanese name. I looked up some names and found Kano, meaning "god of the waters." Seeing as how I paid more for him than I have for any other fish, I think he is as good as a god.
Cano-1.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: