Rich-n-poor

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 37 gallon reef and want to build a nano reef I would like to see some pictures of the lighting for your nano's.

I am especially intrested in seeing and custom built lighting which you made yourrself out of whatever.

I have a 5.5 gallon tank and want to use some kind of power compact lighting I currently have a 13 watt 6400k bulb and 13 watt actinic bulb left over from a previous project.

thx rich

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 of these on a 10 gal.

sealights2.gif

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant ... _Code=CSLr

bgywrinkle

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning guys,

The 27 watt that Aots is picturing looks remarkably like a LOA product (model 9027) that is available at the local HD -- there was alot of discussion about these lights abt a year ago in the DIY section. The replacement bulbs (Fml-27ex) lettered in red are rumored to be 6500k-- who knows though.

They are much less expensive -- I remember in the $20 range.

I personally am using a LOA model 9166 (65w) on my 10 gal and 2 of same on my 30 gal refugium (10g is seperate from this system). The 3 Mangroves and Marcros are doing fine. The only thing I don't like on the 10 is the light seems to centralized -- the ends seem a little darked.

HTH
regards,
Don

Rich-n-poor

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Walmart currently has a architech desk lamp 13 watt pc. there is about 2 feet of cord between the lamp and ballast itself and the bulb is labled 6700 k. there is also about a 6 ft power cord after the ballast cost on the lamp is $20. it looks to be easy enough to disassemble any though on this ?

rich

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rich, i'd spend the $20, if all else fails, you can use it for it's INTENDED purpose- A desk lamp! (just think. next we will be using rubermaid tubs to actually store our stuff.)

I have a 65 w LOA from HD. It was $30, and it's 6500 k. I had it on my 7 gal bowfront, and thought it looked REALLY yellow. That is compaired to my 15 gal with 32 w 10k, and 32 w blue CSL. I Hated having the two tanks next to each other looking that diffent. So I bought a csl kit for my bow.

However, I am setting up a 10 gal at work and am going to use it there. I think that the Loa fixture will look okay once I have it by itself.

HTH

Brett

Rich-n-poor

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a 9 watt actinic blue bulb left over from a previos attempt the actinic should take the yellow look out of the lighting.

I currently light my 37 gallon with 2x55 watt pcs one 6400 k and one actinic the white alone does have a yellow look but with the bluie on the lighting is perfect.

Although i do liuke the color of the 10k bulbs myself

rich

Rich-n-poor

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ed:

i already have bulbs so that is no problem.

How many watts per gallon are you guys using on nano's ?

I want to set up a standard 5.5 gallon as I already have a canopy and the last time i tried 21 watts which is about 4 per gallon.

I am thinking about using two 13 6400 and one 9 actinic for 35 watts total about 6.5 per gallon does that sound about right for softies polyups and maybe a small LPS ?

thx rich

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: