A

Anonymous

I'm in the market for a new skimmer on my 36bow reef tank. Currently i have a DIY PVC CC skimmer with wooden air stones which works pretty good but can't handle the fishload and i'm sick of all the tweaking it requires.

I'm looking to spend $200 or less (including the pump) and the skimmer needs to be able to either sit outside the sump or be a HOB since i only have a 10gal sump and the clearance under the stand isn't very much. I've looked at the coralife skimmers but couldn't really find any reviews on it.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... 2942000000

Any ideas fellow fishtank geeks? :)

A

Anonymous

For another 98 notes you could get one of these beauties. :wink:

Deltec External

DD1511_99.jpg

Alternatively, you could get an AquaC Remora HOB for well within your budget. They're well regarded, though I wasn't a massive fan when I had one briefly on a nano in Japan (I was running a Euroreef on my big tank at the same time, so maybe the comparison spoilt me).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm, i might be able to swing 300 beans for one. I'll check out some reviews on those. Thanks guys!

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Euro Reef CS6-2+ I'll sell you if you're interested. It will be MORE than enough for a tank that size. I have it on my 125 display at the moment :)

B

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's looking for a HOB :P I'll be impressed seeing a CS6-2 modified as a HOB :D

Anyhow, the Octopus has a very nice Sicce pump, but I don't know how the rest of the design is. They're close to your $200 budget, so I'd look at reviews for them as well. The Warner is definitely a nice HOB from what I've seen in person.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: