Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm downgrading from a 90 gal fowlr and want to set up a 20tall reef I have 52 lbs of live rock and about 60 lbs of live sand thinks that over kill for this new tank. How much should I cut down my rock and sand I was look for a dsb but being that I have a lot of rock I might not need it also plan on running a emperor 400 and. 2 nano koralias. Also keep some water from 90 set to start new tank up.

Coralreefer1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deep sand bed of 4" or so is ideal for nitrate reduction. As for the live rock, you don't have to go crazy since if you are adding corals, they will take up space. Water flow will be effected with too much live rock and possible detritus problems as well through the process of diffusion and advection.
As stated above, play around with it and see what works best for what you ultimately plan on accomplishing with the tank.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, im currently running a 10gal fish only under a 20w fluorescent, i'm wondering if i can house any softies in that amount of light? it's a pretty short tank, and the LR would eventually put them in some direct bright light..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: