sealtea116

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
So I cured about 25 pounds of dry rock to add to my already 45 pounds of live rock so about 70 pounds now of live rock and I now realized I need more rock so I was woundering can I just add another 25 pounds of dry rock to the system or should I cure the extra 25 and then add it with the rest of it
Thanks

sealtea116

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I used a 10 to 1 ratio of bleach and water and then power washed it 3 times and it is now soaking in fresh water in case there is still bleach on the rock

Last edited:

sealtea116

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
It was once in a reef aquarium and was taken out and then dried I power washed it 3 times and soaked it rinse and soaked again to get the bleach out before I put it into the aquarium

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Yes, there are plenty of videos on line. No different than murric acid wash, just not as strong.

Last time I used vinegar, i made it super concentrated with rodi, waited until the fizzy stopped, rinsed and did again, rinsed, soaked, tested for PO4.

sealtea116

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Awesome cause all the video I saw were with the music acid and that I wasn't about to do that is crazy but I can def do vinegar I clean all my stuff with vinegar so cool thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: