JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Need Help Calibrating Milwaukee ph METER

I Have A Milwaukee Sms122 With A New Probe(NEVER OPENED FROM BOX).Someone Gave It To Me Free But Lost The Instruction. Please Help Me. Yes I Have 7.0 And 10.0 Solution.thanks
SORRY ABOUT BAD PICS

Attachments

• fishtank 023.jpg
    fishtank 023.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 83
  • fishtank 025.jpg
    fishtank 025.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 82
  • fishtank 024.jpg
    fishtank 024.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Salty Dog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
You need to go into your controller on ph settings, then dip your probe into each solution first 7 and then 10. while you dip into the solution calibrate the ph on the controller

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
well..on my reef keeper 2...
i calibrate the probe by: (go to controller and select "calibrate ph")
--submerge the probe in solution 7....give it a few minutes until it stabilizes and the numbers stop.
(note) the #'s never got to 7.0 readings...just a bunch of #'s..
--take out the probe from the #7 solution and rinse it in some clean water.
--press "select" on the controller ,which prompts me to dip the probe into solution 10
--submerge the probe into solution 10...let it stabilize...then i press "select" on the controller again..which tells me calibration is complete.

hope this gives you an idea...if anyone thinks im calibrating my ph wrong on my RK2..please advise!

if you need instructions for the milwaukee...heres the link to the pdf file
http://www.milwaukeetesters.com/pdf/SMS110-SMS120-SMS122.pdf

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Thanks Autoponicz, I Also Have The Rk 2 And Its So Easy But The Link You Gave Me Is So Confusing. It Says Nothing About Using Calibration 10 (only 4 & 7) And Also Show To Put A Screw Driver In The Back Of The Meter Were I Dont Have That Adjustment. I Cant Beleive Nobody Else Does Not Have This Meter ? Help!!!!!!

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I think your meter has the calibration on the front. it's hard to tell from the pics, but is that a screw on the front, bottom left, for calibration?

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
Ok I actually have the same meter. Ok let me explain to you how its done. take two cups and fill one with 7 and then the other with 10 calibration solution. First dip it in the higher solution (10) then adust the pH setting with a flat screw driver to 10. then pour a little amount of the pH 7 solution on the probe and then dip the rest in the solution and then adjust to 7 like you just did with 10. then you are ready. hope this helps.

davidsea

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
hi ,I cal. a ph meter at work. everyday . it is not the one you have, I use 4 ph sol .frist then rise the probe in dis.water. Do not contaminate the other cal.solutions. then 7 and 10.Keep the probe in a probe holder with a wet sponge (distilled water on sponge) There should be something to tell you to lock in the new cal. at some point.
I hope this might help

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: