tomjof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
So I placed my order for a deep blue 80 rr rimless. My first question is that I'm using a mag 12 for the return, what size pvc should i use. Second question is, i heard that its better to replace to the bulkheads that deepblue sends with the tank and i got completely confused with the different bulkheads you can buy , basically, what would be the best bulk heads to use with the plumbing kit that deep blue sends and also with a mag 12 return pump.
Thanks

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
i would use the bulk heads that came with it. you see people using sch 80 but personally i would rather break a bulk head then my tank.
1" pvc should be ok.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I think the mag 12 is going to be quite strong for a single return? I never went over a mag 7 even with that exact tank. I would run your reactors and split back into your sump if necessary.

Sch 80 and ABS sizes are slightly different. Deep blue uses ABS so I would stick with it.

Pristine Plumbing Thread RC

Link above for some inspiration. The spa flex hosing is awesome. Makes it clean and flexible.

offdahooklikeoj

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
287   0   0
I have the same tank, ditch the bulkheads that come with it and buy the abs ones from bulk reef supply. Also the schedule 80 bulkheads of 1" and 3/4" will not fit in the predrilled holes on the tank. A mag 12 will be fine if your also feeding a manifold for reactors, etc. I would try not to restrict the pump outlet, so try and use the same size pvc as the outlet of the pump. Also if you dont already have the return pump, maybe you should look at a Jebao dc9000 or dc12000 as they are speed/flow controllable. I run a dc12000 feeding 3 reactors and its fine.

tomjof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Yea I already have the mag 12 so I'm pretty set on that, which one of the brs bulk heads should I get because I see thread x thread stuff and slip and I get all confused

tomjof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
And I see that you recently sold a rw15 because it was too powerful. I was thinking of getting that one. Should I go for less flow. I'm gonna be doing an sps dominated tank

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Yea I already have the mag 12 so I'm pretty set on that, which one of the brs bulk heads should I get because I see thread x thread stuff and slip and I get all confused

you have to decide if you want to use treaded or slip and glue.
on the inside of your over flow i would use slip.

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Deep blue bulkhead. Hand tightened only. This stripped when I was removing the vinyl hose.
f3dc334cfeb117729a7d3a85545d68ed.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: