jbeanz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey everyone, I recently bought a used coralife Turbo sea 790. The outlet piece snapped clean off the pump while shipping. I was wondering if there is anyway I can glue it back on and seal the crack for any leaks to continue using the pump or am I just sol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried to find aa replacement volute but I can't locate one online.

gytypezu.jpg

7a5ysu9e.jpg

jbeanz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank's for the advice guys, luckily the package was insured. I filed a fedex claim and I am waiting for the money back. I was just hoping maybe I could salvage the pump instead of trashing it but if it's not worth the risk into the trash it goes. I'm actually surprised I couldn't find a volute. I am now leaning towards getting a brand new Japanese Iwaki , from what I've seen on YouTube they run fairly quite and parts are readily available.

jbeanz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm going to give coralife a call Tmm, I searched everywhere online and I couldn't locate a volute anywhere. Other manufacturers have this part readily available through online retailers. Hopefully they have some good news when I call it would be a shame if they didn't order it.

jbeanz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok just got off the phone with coralife, they no longer offer the Turbo sea pump however the same company that manufactures blue line/pan world was making their pumps. Turns out my pump shares the same parts as the blue line 40HD going to check for the part once I get home from work.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: