cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I am looking to start an education business. It will be mostly consulting. For start I am not sure if I should go non-profit or for-profit. Also what steps are needed, is it something I can do myself or do I need a lawyer. If anyone has any experience or knows someone who might be able to help I would really appreciate it.

NYCEnglish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
You can set it up yourself quite easily, especially if you use someone like legalzoom. I would recommend talking to an accountant first though to advise you on the various tax implications and and different business/corp types.

Good luck!

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0

I am looking to start an education business. It will be mostly consulting. For start I am not sure if I should go non-profit or for-profit. Also what steps are needed, is it something I can do myself or do I need a lawyer. If anyone has any experience or knows someone who might be able to help I would really appreciate it.

If you need a lawyer lmk

jdino

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who are your prospective clients? I don't understand education consulting. I know people that are retired superintendents that have a business doing searches for schools that need a new super or principal. Is that the kind of thing you are talking about?

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I work in International education. So clients will be foreign schools and governments. For example if they are looking to do a teacher or administrator training program or need help developing their systems or curriculum.

jdino

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work in International education. So clients will be foreign schools and governments. For example if they are looking to do a teacher or administrator training program or need help developing their systems or curriculum.

That's fascinating. I wish you the best of luck with your business. Not sure how it would be non profit but I'm not a business person. Good luck.

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Based on your description a non-profit is not the best fit of what you are trying to achieve. An LLC will give you more flexibility than an S-Corp. However you might save some taxes with the S-Corp. Each one has some pros and cons. Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss any further.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: