Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
A wire came lose on my diy led causing all my blue LEDs to go out. When I press wire back to the led contact all but the last 3 blue LEDs light up. I bought this built so I need a soldering iron is the cheap one from home depot enough to make that 1 solder? Also do the 3 blue LEDs on the end need to be changed??

When I bought this it came with optics I never bothered to put them on because the fixture is only 3 -4 " from surface my sps look good but feel growth is alittel slow . The white LEDs r on a dimmer and r running proably less then half power .

Thanks for any help anyone local that is good with this and could stop by and fix this I will give u coral ! Have 1 polyp utter chaos and a few rastas
I live right across from mineola train station

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Get soldering iron from Radio shack is usually more appropriate for the job. I do have a PAR meter but it's only for rent not borrow-I use it everyday to make a living. You problem seems to be more than just a loose wire. It looks like a short circuit somewhere. If you can take the light out and bring it to my place in Flushing, I can fix it with you so that you what to do next time.

tenMann2

y is it floating?
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The last three are most likely burned out. Get a AA battery and two wires. Put the leads on the +/- points on one led. If it lights up then it works, if it doesn't then it is burned out. If you want more par, you need to put the optics (but raise the lights) on to penetrate the light. Radio shack sells cheap soldering irons, get the 40w or 50w and 60/40 Rosin Core. Easy fix.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: