Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have 2 x 175 watt metal halides with electronic ballasts. Neither worked so I replaced both fuses with 3.15amp slow blow fuses. One of the fixtures and ballast turned on but the other did not. I tried interchanging them but still no luck. They both have two new 14k aquamax bulbs I just bought from marine depot. I am at a loss and this is driving me crazy. :grumpy:

Kendall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You didn't say how old they are. Are the wires connected properly? Is there any sign of corrosion on the wires? Is the bulb making solid contact in the socket? Did you try using the bulb that has worked on the ballast that has not? I had bad luck with electronic ballasts.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
They are 3yrs old. They are made by a company called lumenarc. I tried the old bulb and switching the bulbs. I switched power cords to see if that worked and still nothing. I am at a lost here.... I am about to open the ballast up and check the internals...

Kendall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
ballast probably puked. you may get lucky if there is a fuse inside, but i think some companies fill the housing with epoxy to waterproof it. if this is true with yours than there is no repair.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: