james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
my jbj auto top off over filled whiled i ran to the LFS, i have no idea why. it's not too bad maybe a few gallons but my nano is only 10 gals with 10 gal sump so I need to make sure this is okay.

my salinity was 1.024-25 and now its 1.021-22 is this bad enough to do damage? what should I do.

andylee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
+1

I agree that everything should be fine with that much change. That's happened to me before; only recognized when the tank overflowed and my son saw a bubble on the basement ceiling!

Important thing is to figure out what happened and keep it from happening again. Most likely, a float switch got stuck. Figure it out and fix it!

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Just let it evaporate by itself to where it was. My tunze osmo gets stuck every so often since cause the sensor gets dirty and I forget to clean it. I just shutoff the ATo for a few days and it gets back to normal.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
no big deal at all.

When we do hypo, we're supposed to bring our salinity down from wherever we have it, down to 1.007-1.009 in a 24 hr period. Don't lose an ounce of sleep over it. Raising it for your inverts sake is a slightly different story but 1.021-1.022 is fine for the most part unless you're talking about more sensitive species like starfish that thrive in higher salinities. Even they will be fine for extended periods of time but in the long run you can shorten their lifespans.

Just double check your PH.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: