TH3C1SC0K1D

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Okay so I am at the stage where I would like to add a dosing unit on my aquarium to automate the addition of Zooplankton, Phytoplankton, Magnesium and Kalkwasser (seperate it from the auto top off unit currently in place) and also to control the effluent from my Calcium reactor. Price is not too much of a factor and I have been thinking about two dosing units in particular. What are everyone thoughts?

GHL ProfiLux Stand Alone Dosing System, 4 Pumps with Controller
http://www.aquacave.com/ghl-profilux-stand-alone-brdosing-system-4-pumpsbr-w-controller-3023.html

or

Bubble Magus T01 Dosing Pump
http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplies/BM-T01.html

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Profilux Doser here, love it! 4th upgrade pump just arrived, will be installing it for vinegar dosing. Mine isn't standalone, it's tied into my Profilux controller.

Heard great things about about the BM doser as well.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Great, thanks for the recommendation.

Not a problem. Berkel Marine in Astoria is a Profilux dealer, but their hours are hit or miss. Call them beforehand if you're interested in Profilux.

BM is at a nice price point, but I would ask around about their support program/policy. Being manufactured in Asia, I would imagine you'll have rely on a reputable dealer should problems arise. G'luck!

TH3C1SC0K1D

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Reply to Widdy.

Not a problem. Berkel Marine in Astoria is a Profilux dealer, but their hours are hit or miss. Call them beforehand if you're interested in Profilux.

BM is at a nice price point, but I would ask around about their support program/policy. Being manufactured in Asia, I would imagine you'll have rely on a reputable dealer should problems arise. G'luck!

Thank you for the dealer information. I have a good dealer for the Bubble Magus parts in the past but unfortunately they are located in California and I would hate the thought of something going wrong and having to wait 5 days to get my replacement parts. Does your Profilux Doser maintain the settings should the power go off? I would assume so.

TH3C1SC0K1D

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Reply to Constantine.

Absolutely love my bubble magus dosing pumps. Went from drews dosing pumps to this. Like how if the power goes it keeps your settings and programming is simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

What is the minumum dosing rate on this? I know the Profilux is 1 ml. Also do you need any special tubes? I thought I read somewhere that it uses a smaller tubing then normal.

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What is the minumum dosing rate on this? I know the Profilux is 1 ml. Also do you need any special tubes? I thought I read somewhere that it uses a smaller tubing then normal.

The bubble magus is from 1ml to around 1999ml a day.

It does come with smaller airline tubing but regular fits just as well. Just keep in mind, you may get a different amount added though since regular tubing seems to have a bigger inner diameter. I think someone mentioned the original tubing is mini airline tubing.

I would also check out youtube and search for reviews thats what made me make the decision.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: