Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So I think my tank may have a disease, possibly velvet. Here's how the story goes.

After cycling the tank, I added two wyoming clowns, waited a bit and progressed over time adding a pink bar goby, a melanarus wrasse and a tail spot blenny. All are fine and still fine. I later added a flame back angle - within a couple of weeks it turned white and died. I later added three reef chromis and a carpenters ferry wrasse , they all slowly died off one by one over a period of about three weeks. The carpenter wrasse was the last to die. It slowly got skinny, turned pail, was breathing very hard and finally died.

This morning I was looking at all the inhabitants in the tank and I noticed that the tail spot blenny looks fine, but is constantly scraping one side of his body, right near its gills, against the rocks. This of course has me a bit concerned. Blenny is eating fine and looks fine aside from that.

Some people have said its most likely not velvet because it kills so fast, but yet I've read about various times where fish can host it and not really be effected.

Now I know the regime for velvet and other diseases and my problem is I don't have a QT tank. I live in a one bedroom apartment in the city and simply don't have room for one. If I do need to treat these fish and let the tank go fallow for 8-10 weeks, what do I do? Are there people who will help with this sort of thing? I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment.

Any advice is welcome - so long as you don't criticize me about QT'ing fish from the beginning...I know thats a touchy subject.

Thank you!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: