leonarsi

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So when i first set up my 72 gal reef a year ago i got some invaluable advice from Kedd and JasonE as well as both mentioning you'll want too get a bigger tank soon - doh!

So the process has started with the help of Jason (Us Brits have to stick together) and will hopefully get the tank up and running in the next few weeks.

the idea is to learn from previous mistakes and not cut corners. so here is the plan.

Bought the 4ft-2ft-2ft tank with 2 megaflows, stand and canopy.

Bought 2x175w DE MH and ARO 2xVHO 46.5" to retrofit into canopy. Hoping not to need chiller as my condo has central air and a steady temp have ordered fans for the canopy - currently running 8x54w t5's

Bought 2xT-2 velocity pumps for returns, figured it was a good safety net should 1 pump fail plus:

Bought 2x wavy seas to sweep return through tank - hoping i won't require further powerheads to clutter the tank

Bought 1xT-3 velocity to drive existing PM bullet 1. Currently have a Mag12 but don't like it

Through Jason getting a custom sump built for my config 26" by 12" by 12"- hopefully done in the next week or 2. Cureently i have a DIY refugium built from a 15 gal - realise my future is not in refugium building - Baffles are too close and so limit the flow.

Addditionally going to move the placement of the tank to a wall backing the kitchen sink so i can hook up the ro/di straight through the wall into the the sump with a float switch - no more trapsing through the house everyday with a jug of water

Ordered more live sand etc

Curently i am soft plumbed which right or not makes me worry a little so i am going to hard plumb what i can. After 6 month of being on this site and with Jason's help i'm hoping this is going to be an awesome tank!. I'll post pictures od my progress and of course any feedback would be great

Oh and i'll be putting all the old stuff on the market place soon at outrageously cheap prices - like last time :iamwithst

leonarsi

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The old setup. Particularly like the skimmer outside of the tank on a bucket. Really raises questions when we have guests

Guest " wow what;s the foam stuff in that thing over there?"

Me " Foaming fish crap. More Salmon anyone?"

:p

Attachments

• P1010032.jpg
    P1010032.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 86
  • P1010033.jpg
    P1010033.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 84

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: