londre5000

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am having to move and my new lease doesn't allow water filled furniture. Have any of you sneaked in a tank? I know someone has. I would hate to lose all the hard work I've put into my tank by having to sell it. I know it's risky? I was thinking of just replacing all the sand, emptying the tank fully, and covering it when moving, past the doorman. Its a reefer 425 so not the smallest.

Last edited:

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Not worth it. Then you're liable for all damage. Even if you don't do any damage you will have to sneak around bringing stuff in, not let your neighbors in, and probably keep your curtains closed and still you will likely get busted.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
don't do it. if your rodi ever overflows, or your sump/tank leaks/overflows while you are not home, you are in deep sh*t.

"How did that tank get in there? I am a perfect tenant. Someone must have gotten jealous of me and while I was out snuck in a tank and tried to frame me. You've got to believe me."

techhnyne

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
8   2   0
my question is.. why would you even mention you have a tank?
i would just move in and set up my tank and never let anyone in my house

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
LOL, you guys are playing semantics with words that have the potential for large liability losses. How many of you can say you NEVER had any flooding? Whether it be the display overflowing, the sump flooding, plumbing failing or forgotten RODI's overflowing the reservoir. The water damage that can occur beyond the confines of his apartment will not only be borne by him but possible liability for 'pain & suffering' due to the inconvenience of loss of use of a kitchen, living room, bedroom or whatever room is below the flood, loss of time from work, etc. Not to mention that a violation of the terms of the lease if this were to happen will virtually guarantee his eviction.

Worth it? Maybe to you. Not me.

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I just paid a heafty insurance claim to have my downstairs neighbors ceiling redone, as I flooded. Lucky shes very cool ad I own the apartment, otherwise, I wouldn't

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
LOL, you guys are playing semantics with words that have the potential for large liability losses. How many of you can say you NEVER had any flooding? Whether it be the display overflowing, the sump flooding, plumbing failing or forgotten RODI's overflowing the reservoir. The water damage that can occur beyond the confines of his apartment will not only be borne by him but possible liability for 'pain & suffering' due to the inconvenience of loss of use of a kitchen, living room, bedroom or whatever room is below the flood, loss of time from work, etc. Not to mention that a violation of the terms of the lease if this were to happen will virtually guarantee his eviction.

Worth it? Maybe to you. Not me.

If that is the case then I guess no one in that apartment can have flower vases filled with water. Lol but on serious note, leaks/accidents happen so might not be worth it like others suggested.

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
usually those apartments don't allow anything over 10g. when i was looking at apartments before, that was the rule. also, all depends what floor you are on if you want to risk it. 1st floor floods are fine since you will just have to replace the wood just in case. I had my 50g with a sump on brand new laminate wood floors. moved out and no damage even when some water got on the floor. I always just made sure to clean it up asap. I also got an apex for the leak detection modules.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: