mrdobie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after a couple of years fighting algae and water quality issues. I have finally broke down and installed a new ro-di system. the system works great. really easy to install and get operational. after mixing a couple of barrels of salt water I noticed one thing. when I use to mix my water I used 8 scoops of salt to X (line on mixing drum) amount of water. same line for 18 months. now when I mix water I use 9 scoops. I'm not complaining about using more salt. I'm just confused and wondering why the additional cup needed to mix the same amount of water.

Dan_P

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after a couple of years fighting algae and water quality issues. I have finally broke down and installed a new ro-di system. the system works great. really easy to install and get operational. after mixing a couple of barrels of salt water I noticed one thing. when I use to mix my water I used 8 scoops of salt to X (line on mixing drum) amount of water. same line for 18 months. now when I mix water I use 9 scoops. I'm not complaining about using more salt. I'm just confused and wondering why the additional cup needed to mix the same amount of water.

How are you measuring density of your saltwater? Did that change also?

The observation would make sense if the pre-RODI water had a lot of dissolved minerals, 1 scoop equivalent. You should have noticed drinking water with over 10% dissolved solids.

mrdobie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no i' using the same refractomiter that I have always used. I am also using the same reef crystal scoop I've been using for over 18 months. same box of salt as pre ro-di system. very puzzling. did not think there would be a difference. can not answer taste defense we have water filters on fridge, kitchen sink. to tell the truth water quality in NY is very good for consumption. wanted to help my marine buddy's.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: