jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I happened to pass a new store on my way home today. It was called Tropical Isle Aquarium ( I believe ) and it was on Jericho Turnpike, a block west of Rte 34. The store was closed though the sign said it was open and there was a Grand Opening sign on it so I couldnt go in but from the front window it looked like a nice shop. Anyone been there?

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The store is in deer park. It has been open for a couple of months. Its small but they have some nice zoas and said they will be getting some more exotic sps. Nice people.

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Tropical Island is on Rt. 231 (Deer Park Ave) South side at Old Country Rd.

The only 34 I know of is the 231 split south of southern state, Jericho is north shore. There is/was another shop at south end of 231 but don't remember the name of the place.

Last edited:

MikeyZO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
If he's saying it was on Jericho Tpke and Rt. 34, how is that Deer Park Ave? That store on DPA is no where near Jericho. Unless he meant Rt 35 which I believe is the Deer Park Rd split from 231 that runs into Jericho. Or unless he has his road totally mixed up. LOL. Speaking of which, I think Damien on here works there. I stopped in once when it had first opened, it seemed nice.

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Yeah I probably got my roads mixed up. It was on Rte 25, which I believe was Jericho Turnpike at that point and it was the Huntington area, on the north side of the street. I just checked the link for Tropical Fish Direct and thats the store but I could have sworn it said Tropical Isle. Is there another store called Tropical Isle as well?

da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
It is on Jericho just West of deer park ave/park ave. Theres a Jeep dealer and Mobile on that corner. The owner is a new vender here at MR and has a Vender sale thread here. I was there a couple of days after he opened, looks to be a cool place says hes going to be getting a lot in. Prices looked to be very fair.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: