Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been looking for a cheap small skimmer for my nano. My nano is 25g with a 10g sump. The total water volume of the system after sand and rock is probably around 25g so needless to say I didnt need or want an overkill skimmer. I also now work for much less then I use to :( so needed to stay cheap. I was using a JBJ 29g hqi setup as my nano tank, with a remora HOT skimmer hanging off the back. I had a rimless nano cube in my basement and decided to switch over, drill the cube and add a small sump. So I needed an in sump skimmer and not a HOT like the remora I had. Overall I never liked the Remora, I owned other Aqua-C skimmers also and never loved them.

I found a skimmer on ebay, with free shipping for $79.99. It was small, cheap, and design looked decent so I tried it. It is called the SC-65. I don't know how it will work in the long run, but for now it is working nicely. I don't know how big of a tank I would go to with the 65 but for what I have going it is prefect. So far (I've had it a week)I would also say it is much better then the remora. It is defiantly quieter then the Remora, and generally a very quiet skimmer.

Here's a picture about 36 hours on the tank with no cleaning...yeah I probably should have cleaned it to get any factory oil off of it...w/e. :oops:

014.jpg

So if your on a tight budget, and in need of a small skimmer for a nano, might want to look at these. Like I said it only been a week so we will see how the whole thing holds up in the long run. The skimmer itself is well build but I have no idea what brand the pump is or if it will last.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: