jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I had went by the old Exotic pets on Central Park Ave in yonkers the other day, They have now named it Aquarium and Critters and the old owner is no longer there.. :splitspin
The first thing I noticed was Spectra pure RODI units every where..
and that the place dosnt smell !!
All the dogs are gone and its just Fresh water fish, salt water fish, corals and some critters..
Dave is the new owner over there now great guy..

Yonkers28

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I had brought a yorkie a while back from that place and it died 6 months later. I fought with the owner I hope that place is shut down.
But the new owner at the fish store is a really nice guy.
Do not buy any dogs at puppy puppies

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
The name of the store is Aquarium and Critters and it's not doing too well. I can see they are trying to turn it around but like everything in life of quality and care, it takes time. Hopefully they will get it together and form a decent staff who knows what they're doing and selling.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Funny thing is that loser of an owner (past owner) now owns a burger joint up in Pleasantville or at least I saw him there like last year. Kinda through up my food once I saw him there, hopefully he cleaned up his act though, who knows.

Really! Lou? What place?
I think he lives near your GF in Somers/Mahopac!

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Not sure about the old owners or if David is the new owner but David was in the paper a few months ago. He was the guy who saved the woman who was hit by a taxi in NYC and lose her leg back in Aug.

link and picture of him next to DR Oz. If he is the new owner, I hope he does right by the store. I live a few blocka away and as much as I love Max Reef another store in the area wouldn't be a bad thing IMO
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cab-jumps-curb-midtown-hits-woman-reports-article-1.1431690

Rating - 98.1%
155   3   0
that place is horrible the guy and his wife are running it the guy is cool and knows his stuff and works with you but is never there. I have never experienced what i did in that store and i will never go there again so i was in the area and i went there and i had just came out the gym and was eating a granola bar and the lady was attending a guy for fresh water and i walk in and she tells me you cant eat here, i explain to her that its only a granola bar and that with 2 bites am done and she told me that she didnt care who i was or how many bites i had left that shes the boss and that what she says go. To avoid a confrontation i said np and proceeded to walk out and she pretty much walked me out cursing and telling me that they dont need my business or kind in there i felt like cursing her out but am to grown for that so i drove off while she kept yapping they will never get a Doller from me or any recommendations. I wasn't gonna go in there and i shouldn't since i know there stuff is always over priced and they dont have a good variety of stuff but i was in the area so i said let me check it out, it almost costed me a court case lol.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: