• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey, i just recently quit smoking, am finding it hard to keep it that way. I used to smoke a pack a day, more when i drink. I quit cold turkey about a 2 weeks ago cause at $7+ a day it was putting a serious hurt on my reef keeping fund...

Im posting this as a support for other reefers who wanna quit and for those who have to post their tips for those who wanna quit.

For me the best thing i could do was take a couple days off work (where i smoke the most) then find a new group to chill with at work, also stop drinking for a couple weeks... i recently started back but only drink till i kinda want one then i stop.

Not sure where this should go but if the admins could place it in the right place and bump it would be greatly appreciated...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
jeezy peats, and i b****** about $7+ It is all mental, but there are the weak minded folk like myself... it helps to know the dangers and costs but pure will is the biggest bonus... and if i wanna outlive my golden oarfs i gotta put in my work :)

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I used chantix and have been smoke free about 3 months. After the first month it is easy. The best thing is to reenforce the positives, for example for me I can run and breathe and taste and smell and don't smell bad.

Just think of the positives

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
word, i quit over the summer and ran a total of 4 miles along the shore everday...
please keep up the quiters post cause we can all use it for the up coming shore scuba season... which if anyone is into i would love to talk and get aquanted

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
ive quit a million times over and if your eating to over compensate make sure its high proteins and hit the gym... trust me, a $50 gym membership isnt hardly worth the hurtin you put on you wife... who will gladly let you upgrade anytime my friend... eat power bars before, drink introlvol while your there and please help yourself to a healthy helpng of muscle milk before you call it a day at the gym!!!

Kendall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It ain't about the money, it is about your life!!! Keep that in mind when you have a craving. Keep a positive attitude!!! You have not smoked for 2 weeks, and your never going to again!!! I'm going on 4 yrs. and wish I did it 20yrs ago!

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Congrats to everyone that took the step

Its been 2 weeks for me, and I can tell you that I am loving it. Have energy, save more money and I notice I sleep a little better.

I don't want to go back.

Good luck to everyone that wants to take the step and congrats again to everyone that made that step.

~James

acromike

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I quit a yr ago when my mom died of lung cancer from smoking and right after that my father had to get a vein in his leg rotor rooted because he had a blood clot from smoking.Once I learned to do stuff without cigs it was easy to do.That comercial about driving and smoking going hand and hand is so true I found myself bored driving without lighting up lol.Then again when i smoked i pretty much put the cig in my mouth and let it burn forgetting i lit it.I was bad till my mom passed then I took a full pack and threw them out and never looked back.Now I can't stand talking to a smoker lol,but i'm not going to tell them what to do.

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I quit 9 years ago. I was having a super hard time even a month after I quit. Then one day I walked past a guy and realized something. smokers smell terrible, I hadnt realized that since my parents smoked and I started at 14 and I guess I just could never smell it. At first I was kinda of angry that noone had ever pointed out to me that I smelled bad. It may not be the best reason to quit, but it was huge revalation for me. I knew right then that I would never smoke again. So if it helps you.. smokers stink all the time... quitiing was one of the best things I have ever done.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: