MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
There is also a reef club from down south offering to help those affected by Sandy...maybe there's a way to go above forum bureaucracy and try to set up one communal donation system to these reefers to cut down on the frauds...most local reefers know who's who and that would help as well...ijs...

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
There are also people from 2 other forums offering to help besides MR and R2R as well which is why I was suggesting some kind of 1 single movement so that certain people aren't trying to take advantage of every opportunity while others are missing out...

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Forgot to mention that there are other offers for much needed supplies/coats/food, etc. right here on MR and elsewhere as well...so that reefers basic needs aren't being ignored b/c let's face it...people come before the tanks in order for the tanks to happen...

I also think this should be spearheaded by a local reefer that's been in the game for a while and is well respected/trustworthy...there has to be one that's willing to step up that wasn't affected by sandy...

Here are just a few threads on MR...

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/nudibar/135236-taking-up-collection-victims-staten-island.html

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/nudibar/135131-donating-cloths-those-who-need.html

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I would like to bump this b/c there are already fraudulent claims of asking for free frags when it's just not possible to sustain new corals a week after a crash...so I'd really like to figure out a way to get 1 large local movement together b/c I would really LOVE to be able to help those affected...

Non-reef related I have a babyjogger stroller, booster/car seat, weight bench and barely used toys my kid's have outgrown to a firefighter, emt or police officer that lost their home...or verified reefer...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: