Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank has been running for 4 years now and it doing good. I have had a few fish deaths over the years but over all corals are looking good. I also have not done water changes in two years and my phosphates are 0.05 and my nitrates are 0 I want to get the nitrates up but don't know how .in hopes that it will improve my coral color can anyone help ?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the complament i have only been at this for four years and it been up and down. but i just made a friend in my complex I live in and we where talking about the tank and he as just saying that if i raise my nitrates that ,one its good to some trace amount of it in the take "so it not 0" and it will also help to really make my colors pop. i use the Red Sea Algae Control test kit and the Hanna Phosphorus ULR tester

Last edited:

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The lighting makes the colors pop more than anything else. Some would argue that a lower nitrate level close to zero would make corals most colorful. Some corals like lower nitrates and some higher.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 180w Maxspect razor on a program my blues ramp up to 100% and my white lights ramp to 75% my filtration is strong I only have 6 fish and a mix reef of coral I have a skimmer that rated for 180g filter socks and GFO/carbon reactor refugeum

Last edited:

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
The tank that im talking about has 2 165w chinese leds from amazon Ebay its on a 65 bow i think its 3 foot wide
it is a bit much but with only one light i wouldn't have got enough coverage so got two they are the wifi version so Programable through a app (can control the colors separately) works great nice colors etc

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: