badassapd

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just took the 3/4 and uped it to a 1 inch from the tank {drilled} to the wet dry/sump and its gurgling real loud i have a home made durso stand pipe. its not coming from over flow box but from the 1'pipe in the sump. i also put in a mag 7 as the return pump from a rio 300 what a difference.. what to do? help

badassapd

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
now the noise is in the wet dry not the overflow box there is no noise in the over flow box. i but a pad on the intake like a filter sock and shoved it in the water were the bio balls are and the noise improved alot but there is air coming out of the hose i tried to reduce the hole on the durso pipe but i feel as if it s good theres no noise there should i but a valve on the filter intake to slow down the water/air?

Avi

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
From what you're saying, it sounds just like a problem that I had when I first set up my reef. Here's the way I resolved the noise that was coming from where the return from the tank to the sump entered the sump...It's just PVC and doesn't even really have to be glued if you don't want to go to the trouble

sumpsilencerPAINT.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: