• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
I went to great lengths to visit Calvin at NY Reef Aquatics today with the snow and coming from the upper east side in the city. Travel time was 1.5 hours to get there today! I'm writing this review as I'm sitting at Mad For Chicken 15 mins away from the store.

Calvin is hands down amazing. He is very knowledgable and can offer any advice you need. The deals are great and the prices of fish are amazing!!!

I was on a budget going in (gf was with me!) and Calvin hooked it up!
The deals that I'm a huge fan of are their buy 4 frags get 1 free. Frags at 15 or 25 for very nice sized pieces (Aussie scan frags for example). When we first stepped in the GF loved the green tinted clove polpys so much that before even buying anything Calvin bagged it up and put it on the counter and wrote free! (Only realized this upon checkout)

I came away with a VERY FAIR priced salifert alk kit at 18$ that's unbelievable as I expected to pay 20-30$. Their prices are very competitive

There was a 5 line Maldives juvenile mystery wrasse priced at 80$. If my budget wasn't there this fish would have been mine!!!!!!

Overall, the selection of fish and coral are great.
He has about 15+ tanks for fish and 2 very long runway top view coral frag tanks.

The fish look very healthy and well cared for. The SPS selection is amazing and he is willing to frag upon request. They had a huge variety of SPS like efflos millieporas etc, all types of acans, torches, hammers, zoas, and much more.

A+ Calvin, I will definitely stop in here again.
Thank you for a wonderful visit.

New York Reef Aquatic

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Wow, this leaves us speechless. We can't thank everyone enough for the wonderful comments and being so gracious with your time to travel here from far distances. I think we are most happy with the fact that people are leaving the store happy. We hope to do our best to provide, so that we can continue meeting more folks like yourselves...folks passionate about the hobby just as much as we are. Thank you all again...we couldn't be more grateful for the kind words :) :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: