chasesng

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I"ve got an Oceanic 28. I bought a used Tunze skimmer with a Stevie T cup so it would fit in the second chamber. (Tried moding the chamber to fit the original cup but just no way.)

I tore the skimmer apart and gave it an extra good vinegar cleaning. Then gave it at least 4 weeks to break in. Read lots of posts here and elsewhere. Tried shortening the internal air hose. Adjusted the screw in big moves and little moves. Just never got it to run consistently. One day ok...the next filled with water.

After more than 2 months...i pulled it out in frustration the other day and now the skimmer is sitting in the bathroom sink. I hate the GD thing.

Last thing i'm thinking is that maybe it was the water level in the second chamber. I kept the water level in the third chamber at the "official" level. So maybe the water level in the second chamber was too low for the tunze? I was never sure where the water mark on the tunze was.

If i raise the water level in the second chamber, it will also raise in the third "return" chamber above the recommended max. Does that matter?

Also, the water flowing from the first chamber to the second chamber makes a lot of waterfall noise. Will raising the water level lessen that noise? is there any other trick to eliminate that noise? Other nano's seem so quiet.

Thanks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: