jw10604

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hi Everyone,
I hope to share my tank build with everyone as it progresses. I currently have a 30 gallon cube and a 175 bowfront tank that I will consolidate into this 76 that I picked up. I have been looking for an oceanic 76 for some time now. I found one in Washington DC and being a glutton for reef punishment I packed up some snacks and headed down to DC to pick it up. 12 hours later I now have the tank in my living room. Next step will be to drill the tank. I ordered a kit from glass-holes and plan on doing it this week. One overflow and one return. More pics to come.

Attachments

• oceanic76(259x400).jpg
    oceanic76(259x400).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 372

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I would say 90% of the tanks have tempered bottom but not back, when i had my 175 bow the front and bottom were tempered, but not the back.
The guy to talk to at Oceanic is Brian, his number is 414-423-8544, he was very helpful with my tank.

jw10604

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
No luck getting Brian yet. Found this on Oceanic's site:

Is the glass in my aquarium tempered?
The bottom pane of glass on all Oceanic tanks (drilled or not) is tempered except for the Ultimate series and custom drilled tanks. The sides, fronts, and backs are not tempered. Please keep in mind that any drilling of the tank or alteration from its original manufactured state will void the warranty.

jw10604

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Some progress updates on the tank. I drilled the tank carefully and everything went smooth. Took about 30 minutes for 2 holes.

Attachments

• drill1.jpg
    drill1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 264
  • drill2.jpg
    drill2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 266
  • oceanic 76.jpg
    oceanic 76.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 264

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: