Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi I have a diablo xs 225 that comes with the psk 1000. The pump has failed, its totally broken. I wanted to upgrade the pump and I saw the psk 1200 also I saw the aquatrance 3000. It seems like this skimmer isn't that great for the $400 I spent on it 4 years ago. Before I used the aqua c ev 400, that thing is an animal the only reason I switched was because of the wattage it was pulling was like 150 watts vs the diablo which is like 60. Any advice on what pump to go with would be great. Thank you

Vincenzo

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Think the skimmer with the right size pump is beastly enough. Are you sure the pump is bad. Could just be the impeller. They're known to have magnets that swell up after many years of use. There's a better replacement

You can also get the original since psk 1000 with needle wheel impeller

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Think the skimmer with the right size pump is beastly enough. Are you sure the pump is bad. Could just be the impeller. They're known to have magnets that swell up after many years of use. There's a better replacement

You can also get the original since psk 1000 with needle wheel impeller
I changed the impeller already because of the magnet swelling. Two weeks later and the pump blew up internally, literally there's a pretty decent sized lump on the top of the pump now. The skimmer just doesn't do the business like I expected. For some reason I just can't get the setting right for nice dark skimmate like my aquac 400 made. Disappointing, that's the reason I'm thinking bigger pump.

Vincenzo

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: