BaNDiTo_RoX

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok guy need some advice on this, I'm already going to change out the crappy Ballast to 3 - Coral Vue 250watt Dimmable Electronic Ballast. This lighting is going over a 210g Build that I'm trying to start but due to Lower Back problem it's delaying me. Anyway I want to replace the Stock Lights on it but not sure what to go with, I already have on order 3- Ushio 250watt 14K Bulbs but need help with the other lighting. The tank is going to be a mixture of fish and corals. This is the first big build that I'm doing and just want to get it right. I have a 20g just to keep me happy until I get the 210g going and also almost done with my 24g nano.

Any Advice would be great.

thx in advance

If I posted this in the wrong section please move it, thx

grundig5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Not sure I know what you're asking. Halide bulb recommendations? Is the fixture SE or DE? Is the tank a standard 210 with 29" height? By "other lighting" do you mean actinics/bluer lights?

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Do yourself a favor and buy a better light fixture.Awhile back I did a search on this brand on other reef sites that I frequent and there was mention of this particular brand and how they can catch fire.The price is what catches people's eye but if it's true what they say I'd rather spend a little more money on a better one that having to be homeless.

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
That MH model has improved from their previous models which caused the ballasts to catch fire.Didn't happen to me BUT I highly recommend that you do not buy their cheaply made lights.Sometimes we need to cut corners but having a peace of mind is worth the price.

BaNDiTo_RoX

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well I'm not going to use there crappy Ballast as you see I'm going to replace them and as far as fire I also read plenty of people with the New Ones and no fire as of yet. Any piece of equipment can catch fire IMO

by the way thx for the advice.

Last edited:

littlebuck70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
i just picked on up back in Feb time frame and mine caught fire. I have been dealing with them since about getting the light returned.

I would switch out the ballasts and bulbs pretty much everything in the fixture.

I would to with some 03 actinic bulbs and then get phoenix 14K bulbs

and if u haven't got new ballasts yet go with the ice cap ballasts.

littlebuck70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
LOL its not a rumor trust me. I have reported them to the BBB and still have not been able to get my money back from this light.

As far as pc lights, I just got those lights from UVL. They are amazing each bulb has its own reflector in it and the corals love it.

littlebuck70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Is it cool to post links on here. The place i got it from was called saltycritter.com

These are new lights on the market so if u want info on them check out there site or give them a call really great people to deal with.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: