Audi0s

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Hi everyone,
Made my way over here from njreefers.org. From what Ive read theres alot of good stuff on the site. Anyway, my names John, and I have been reefing for about a year. Started with a Nanocube 24, and started upgrading, then switched a cichlid tank over to salt. Right now I have 2 mixed reefs, and 1 shell-dwelling cichlid tank (L. Brevis) Those little shellies have huge attitudes, acting like such a tough fish then retreating into the safety of their shells, so funny. My reef tanks are mostly zoos and LPS, with some newer SPS additions up higher in my 29 bowfront under an ATI fixture. Ive had some trouble lately with my pygmy angel in my nanocube, Im in the 2% or so of owners who have them nip almost every coral! Zoos too, which surprises me since I thought they were toxic. So far duncans, rics, candy canes and a little GSP have gone unnoticed by him, Ill probably see what I can put in there with him to make the reef nice. I had to move my acans (13 types) zoos, and a War coral over to the bowfront to save them. Now I know why you need 2 tanks! I repair european cars for a living, so if anyone has any problems feel free to PM, always willing to help. Im located in Hackensack right now, but take frequent trips over the bridge, and spend alot of time at Manhattan aquariums, really nice place. Anyway I look forward to meeting alot of the members, and Im always on the lookout for rarer or brightly colored zoos, acans, and rics! Thanks
-John

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Welcome to MR.

717-n3na5e2z.gif

I want to see that sweet ATI fixture

Audi0s

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Haha, I actually dont have pics of the fixture itself. Let me see what I can dig up in terms of tank pics.
K found some, but will upload more at a later time. First one is my orange/grey rings acan colony. I will be fragging this soon at some point, its just oo big. Second pic was a rainbow frag from OGII, but has gone more orange red striped. Probably has about 3 major polyps, and about 6-8 smaller ones now. I am obsessed with acans! :sgrin:

Attachments

• Reef 011.jpg
    Reef 011.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Reef 001.jpg
    Reef 001.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 136

Audi0s

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
thanks alot! I noticed that post about the swap, Ill def try to make it out! Like your avatar, fellow pit lover here as well. My gfs sister has 2 and is a major supporter on Smilin pit bull rescue, spbr.org. Cant beat em for their energy and intensity!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: