ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
One day after the swap I already lost one of the corals I've wanted the most.I bought a Purple Hornet Polyp that was glued to a plug and later today I noticed it was knocked over and the polyp was gone.One of the inverts most likely knocked over but I doubt ate it.I don't have nasty crabs in the tank.I have other polyps and they're fine.It's next to impossible to find unless it takes to the sand bed somewhere where I can find it but for now,50.00 down the drain.I'm pissed.:irked:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
SORRY ZANYMASTER I DIDN'T EVEN SEE YOU THERE.Here is my dilemma i dought some corals with nice bright rich colors.The thing is they don't look anything like that under my lighting.What the hell.....

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
SORRY ZANYMASTER I DIDN'T EVEN SEE YOU THERE.Here is my dilemma i dought some corals with nice bright rich colors.The thing is they don't look anything like that under my lighting.What the hell.....

They rarely do unless you run similar lighting to the vendor you bought it from most of whom use VERY blue lighting --it gets bluer every year I think. I run pretty white spectrum lamps with no supplements and I know most stuff --particularly LPS and Zoas never look like they do in vendors or many other hobbyist's tanks.

That said, things often color up nicely, but differently in time.

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Very sorry Nelson, perhaps as already stated it will become a colony one day, and surprise you.:)

They rarely do unless you run similar lighting to the vendor you bought it from most of whom use VERY blue lighting --it gets bluer every year I think. I run pretty white spectrum lamps with no supplements and I know most stuff --particularly LPS and Zoas never look like they do in vendors or many other hobbyist's tanks.

That said, things often color up nicely, but differently in time.

DITTO! I have a very good friend that has a tiny little pen light on his key chain. He points it at the coral he wants to see what it will look like under whiter lights.;)

Smart if you ask me!!!!:tongue1:

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
It's confirmed,I have a zoo eater,Not sure who is the culprit but all the zoos are gone.Maybe it's the emeralds or the hermits but something and all I have is my exquisite Wrasse in the tank and a Linkia star fish which eats nothing.Stuff like this makes you want to quit.:irked:Do Peppermints eat zoos?

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Speaking of losing things.I just found an Aiptasia on one of the corals i bought from the swap.Damn it :irked:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: